Sights

Libeň châteauLibeň château

Show on map (Google maps)
This charming Rococo mansion is situated in the heart of Libeň, on a well-groomed green at the edge of an extensive park. Once, a Gothic castle was located where the mansion (House No. 1) now stands, The castle was located in the middle of a settlement, mentioned for the first time as a property of the wealthy Rotlev family of the Old Town in 1363.
Read more…

 Libeň Synagogue Libeň Synagogue

Show on map (Google maps)
The Jewish quarter in Libeň was the second most signifi cant Jewish settlement spanning over today’s Prague City area, it was second only to the Old Town Josefov. It stretched between today’s streets Voctářova, Kozelužská, Vojenova and the now defunct streets Jirchářská and Kožní. Read more…
 Grab VillaGrab’s Villa

Show on map (Google maps)
The prestigious villa once belonging to Hermann Grab, a Jewish tycoon, is situated to the east of an ancient farm and a former vineyard holding called Košinka. The house was built for an owner and director of the firm M. Grab Söhne by Josef Blecha, a building contractor and architect from Karlín, who took part in the construction of many factory… Read more…
 Church of St. AdalberteChurch of St. Adalberte

Show on map (Google maps)
This secession Roman Catholic Church was built between 1904 and 1905 at the expense of the St. Boniface Society according to the project by architect Matěj Blecha in Karlín. At the start of the 20th century the capacity of the chapel inside the Libeňský Castle was no longer suffi cient for the worshipers. The need for a greater liturgical sanctuary in Libeň was resolved…
Read more…
 Libeň Gas TankLibeň Gas Tank

Show on map (Google maps)
The Libeň gas tank towering on a hilltop above Palmovka is indisputably one of the distinctive dominants of the surroundings, not only due to its exceptional location but mainly thanks to its spherical form and distinctive silver paint. Read more…
 Operation Anthropoid MemorialOperation Anthropoid Memorial

Show on map (Google maps)
The Operation Anthropoid Memorial had its festive opening on Wednesday May 27, 2009 at 10:35, which was, to the minute, exactly 67 years since the execution of the assassination on the Deputy Reich Protector of Bohemia and Moravia Reinhard Heydrich. Read more…
 Karlín Music TheatreKarlín Music Theatre

Show on map (Google maps)
The Karlín theatre was built by Eduard Tichý, a Prague entrepreneur, who was inspired by a popular type of vaudeville theatre during its journeys around Western Europe. The building, with a neo-Renaissance frontage was designed by the architect Otto Ehlen. Inside, there was a ring in front of the stage and the auditorium was equipped with tables for two thousand consuming spectators. Read more…
 Saints Cyril and Methodius CathedralSaints Cyril and Methodius Cathedral 

Show on map (Google maps)
With its size this huge three vault neo Romanesque basilica, built from carved stone according to the design of old Roman churches, ranks among the top most church buildings in Bohemia. Its plans were drafted by a professor of architecture in Vienna, the architect Karl Rösner (1804–1869). However, many details were altered by the Prague architect Vojtěch Ignác Ullmann (1822–1897) and… Read more…
 Kobylisy Firing RangeKobylisy Firing Range

Show on map (Google maps)
Today’s place of reverence is an architecturally arranged part of the northern section of a former extensive military shooting range. The national monument of the Kobylisy Firing Range can be found within the Prague 8 city district, between prefabricated blocks of flats and Žernosecká and Čumpelíkova streets, in a rectangular area closed off by earthworks. Read more…
 Church of Saints Peter and PaulChurch of Saints Peter and Paul

Show on map (Google maps)
The parish Church of Sts Peter and Paul is shaded by the crowns of large linden trees in the middle of the former Bohnice settlement. The church is one of the oldest Christian houses of prayer in Bohemia. In the first historical account of the church, an original parchment document held today in the Prague City Archives, Prague Bishop Daniel confirms that on 30 May 1158… Read more…
 Church of St. WenceslausChurch of St. Wenceslaus

Show on map (Google maps)
The church is located on the grounds of the psychiatric center in Bohnice and was built during the First World War by the developer V. Nekvasil. A renowned work by the architect and designer Václav Roštapil, i.a. the author of the Straka Academy, the current seat of the Czech government, was built in a secession style and is consecrated in the name of St. Wenceslaus. Read more…
 The castle chapel of the Holy Trinity and Saint WenceslausThe castle chapel of the Holy Trinity and Saint Wenceslaus

Show on map (Google maps)
The building of the crusader castle has been a natural dominant feature of Old Ďáblice since the middle of 18th century. Quite unexpectedly, a sacral area consecrated in the name of the Holy Trinity and Saint Wenceslaus hides behind its walls. The manor in Ďáblice was received by the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star order from the Queen Constance of Hungary in 1233… Read more…
 Church of the Decollation of St. John the Baptist  Church of the Decollation of St. John the Baptist       

Show on map (Google maps)
The smallish structure from the 12th century is located on a hill between full-grown trees in the valley containing the original core of the village of Dolní Chabry. The church is surrounded by a stone wall with an ancient campanile and when viewing the building from afar it is hard to overlook the small projecting tower with a cross. Read more…
Vytisknout